The River Nore Music Academy is committed to upholding your rights as provided for by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), including:
- The right to be informed about how we will use your personal data.
- The right of access to a copy of the personal data we hold and information on how we process it.
- The right to have incorrect or incomplete personal data corrected.
- The ‘right to be forgotten’ and have personal data deleted if you so request.
- The right to restrict how we process your personal data.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data.
- The right to data portability.
What personal information do we collect from people who visit our website?
We do not collect any personal information unless you authorise it. You will be asked to enter your contact details and other information when completing an enrolment form, booking form or contact form. We protect this information and do not share it with anyone else.
Do we collect other information?
Our website uses basic cookies (see below) to improve the user experience, as well as to compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions. No personal information is collected through these cookies.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures when a prospective student, parent or website user submits his/her information in order to maintain its safety and privacy. Any information you provide is only accessible by a limited number of River Nore Music Academy administrators who have access rights to it, and they are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, our website is ‘https’ and encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. It is also scanned on a regular basis for security holes and vulnerabilities in order to make your visits as safe as possible.
Yes. Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide a better user experience, understand how the website performs and analyse what works and where it needs improvement. None of the information our website collects through cookies is personally identifiable.
Our website uses four types of cookies:
- Essential: These are necessary for the River Nore Music Academy website to function properly and securely. They do not collect or store any personal information.
- Performance: These are used to understand and analyse the key performance indexes of our website, which helps it to deliver a better user experience for visitors.
- Analytics: These are used to understand how visitors interact with our website and provide information on metrics, including the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
The cookie notice on our website allows you to turn off all non-necessary cookies.
For more general information on how to ‘turn off’ cookies in different browsers, click on these links:
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Safari on Mac and iOS
How does this website handle Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and do not track or plant cookies when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Third- Party Disclosure
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information. We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Does this website allow third party behavioral tracking?
We do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
We use Google Analytics and Google Captcha on our website. Google, as a third-party vendor, requires cookies to function on our site. You can’t opt out of Google Captcha when submitting a form, as this is necessary to prevent spam, but you you can opt out of, or block, Google Analytics:
- Chrome: Google Analytics Opt Out Browser Add-On
- Firefox: Google Analytics Blocker
- Internet Explorer: Instructions
We collect email addresses in order to confirm enrolments and bookings, respond to enquiries, communicate with students or parents and send school newsletters to current and former students. In doing so, we agree to the following:
- Not to use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- To include the physical address of River Nore Music Academy in all of our correspondence and email newsletters.
- To allow all email newsletter recipients to opt out or unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each newsletter.
- To honour all opt-out or unsubscribe requests quickly.